- This event has passed.
Terry Cipoletti, Esq
• Review what HIPAA is, what it covers, and who it applies to
• Review and discuss how protected health information may or may not be used or disclosed
• Review the definition of a breach and the risks and exposure from a breach
• Discuss common examples of how breaches occur and tips and ideas to reduce the risk of breach incidents
• Gain an understanding of the documentation that HIPAA requires
5:30 Registration & Dinner • 6:00 Course begins • 2 CE• RSVP by 8/30/18
Terry Cipoletti, Esq.: specializes in health law with a focus on civil litigation and regulatory law. He has represented healthcare providers, hospitals, private practices, nonprofit clinics, correctional healthcare providers and administrators, dental companies, medical device and pharmaceutical companies, mental health and behavioral health entities, and senior care, skilled nursing, and long-term care entities.
Since 1999, Terry has defended individuals and entities on a wide variety of claims in Colorado state and federal courts, at the trial and appellate level, and has represented clients before government agencies and boards. For more than 14 years he has focused on health law, most recently with an emphasis on:
• Privacy and data security
• HIPAA breach response, risk assessment, training
• Correctional healthcare – civil rights defense
• Premises liability / product liability
• Medical negligence
• Medicare / Medicaid
Terry presents at conferences and trainings for healthcare organizations and professionals. He has served on executive and management
committees in addition to boards of directors, and as a mentor to new attorneys through the Colorado Attorney Mentor Program.
Denver, 80237 + Google map