Course description: Why should I take this course?
Severe horizontal and vertical bone atrophies have always been one of the most challenging situations to overcome in implant dentistry. Throughout the years, different reconstructive techniques have been described, but all of them have the same common denominator: high morbidity rates. Flap necrosis, wound dehiscence with exposure, infection of the augmented bone and resorption, are some of the main complications of ridge augmentation procedures.
A modified autologous split block (Khoury) technic, in combination with particulate allogenic bone chips, through a tunneling access, without crestal incisions, provides very predictable result in the reconstruction of severe horizontal and vertical deficiencies with very minimal soft tissue morbidity. The utilization of piezoelectric surgery to harvest and split autologous block grafts minimizes the postoperative complication and increases the predictability of the procedure.
This small group, interactive, didactic and hands-on course is designed for all those practitioners willing to improve their skills in hard and soft tissue reconstructive procedures. This course will allow the participants to return to their practice more confident and with a whole new concept on how to deal with severe bone deficiencies in any region of the mouth.
– Bone biology related to bone augmentation procedures. Blocks and particulate bone chips from Autologous and Allogenic sources.
– The enhanced biological effect of enamel matrix proteins (Emdogain) in ridge augmentation and soft tissue healing.
– Hard tissue surgical approaches in bone reconstructive surgery: Tenting, Ti Mesh, bone blocks, split bone blocks (Khoury technique).
– Management of soft tissue for predictable horizontal and/or vertical ridge augmentation: Tunnel Approach, Rotated palatal flap, Kazanjian’s vestibuloplasty, Free gingival Graft and subepithelial connective tissue graft.
– Horizontal and Vertical Bone Augmentation Protocols in the different areas of the jaws.
– Harvesting and Splitting autologous bone blocks utilizing Piezoelectric Surgical devices.
– Bone block fixation and stabilization techniques.
Dr.Jose L. Mompell obtained his dental degree from the Complutense Dental School of Madrid (Spain), and his specialty training in periodontology and oral surgery from the Madical School of Alcala (Spain).Dr. Mompell holds a teaching position at King Juan Carlos Dental School in Madrid. He is author of scientific publications related to modern implantology and advanced bone augmentation procedures. He is also presenter in many congress of the specialty worldwide. He has a private practice limited to implant dentistry and complex bone augmentation procedures in Madrid, Spain.
Dr.Juan L. Chao obtained his dental degree from the European University of Madrid (Spain), and his specialty training in periodontology and oral surgery from the Medical School of Alcala (Spain). Dr. Chao holds a teaching position at King Juan Carlos Dental School in Madrid. He is author of scientific publications related to implant dentistry and advanced bone augmentation procedures. He is worldwide known speaker on the management of severe bone atrophies. He has a private practice limited to implant dentistry and complex bone augmentation procedures in Madrid, Spain.
Dr. Emilio Argüello obtained his dental degree, specialty training in periodontology, and Master of Science in oral Science from Tufts University School of Dental Medicine in Boston, MA. Dr. Argüello is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology. He has conducted extensive clinical and basic science research in periodontology at The Forsyth Institute. He is the clinical Director of the Postgraduate program of Periodontology at Harvard University. He has a private practice limited to periodontics and implant dentistry in Denver CO.
Dr. Eduardo Marcuschamer obtained his dental degree, specialty training in periodontology, from Tufts University School of Dental Medicine in Boston, MA where he earned the award for surgical excellence. Dr. Marcuschamer is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology. Dr. Marcuschamer holds a teaching position at Tufts University School of dental Medicine. He is Author of numerous scientific publications, chapters of books and CoAuthor of the Manual of Clinical Periodontics. He has a private practice limited to periodontics and implant dentistry in Denver CO.
• Tuition for Doctors and staff with model -$1800
• Tuition for full time faculty $1500 – (proof is required)
• Tuition for full time students $1200 – (proof is required)
• Tuition for staff with out Hands-on -$600